My little sister found a box in the pantry that looked like it might possibly contain her favorite food - cookies. (it was actually a box of powdered milk. hahaha) She tried to open it, and I took it away from her. Here is the conversation that followed-
"Stop it! There are no cookies in that box."
"yuh huh!"
"nu uh"
"yuh huh!"
"nu uh!"
"yuh huh!"
"nu uh!"
"YU HUH! MOMMY! THE GIRLS LIED TO ME AND SAID THERE'S NO COOKIES IN THAT BOX!!!!!"
"There are no cookies in that box!"
"YU HUH!"
I wonder if that's what I sound like to God sometimes- so wrapped up in my own opinions and views about how it "should be" that I ignore his voice and continue to pursue my own foolish ideas. Sure, I sound pretty smart to myself, but I bet when it comes to God's plan, I'm no smarter that a three year old trying to prove to her big sis that there are actually cookies in that box of powdered milk.
No comments:
Post a Comment